Nordic Industry 4.0 software supplier launches new company brand after successful merger
Both API and AXXOS had during 25 years in operation, established strong positions within EAM systems (Enterprise Asset Management) and OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness) respectively. The client list already contained several of the leading brands in the food & beverage, pharmaceutical, process and manufacturing industries distributed across more than 50 countries. So at the time of the merger, CEO Michael Ries expected that going to market with the unique combination of EAM and OEE software would contribute significantly to the company’s ambitious growth targets.
“We wanted to achieve synergies and grow our business based on our new, combined offering – but the results have actually exceeded our expectations. And with two strong product brands it also became clear that we needed an overarching name to present to our customers and employees and to claim our position in the world of Industry 4.0”, says Michael Ries, CEO and continues: “We provide optimization software – and the new name says just that.”
Meeting the needs of customers
The acquisition of AXXOS took place in a market which is experiencing growing demands for production optimization solutions and by adding the AXXOS OEE tools and analysis to its portfolio OPTIWARE can offer customers a product mix currently unmatched by even the largest competitors.
“We see an increasing demand in manufacturing companies for full visibility, documentation of efficiency gains and ERP integration – and customers see an advantage in having both their maintenance management and production optimization covered within the same platform. With our new name we underline our ability to deliver this to our customers” Michael Ries explains.
- OPTIWARE is headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark
- API Maintenance Systems was in 2013 named Denmark’s best IT company by Computerworld
- AXXOS was named a ‘Gazelle’ company (i.e. fast-growing) by the Swedish business newspaper Dagens Industri in 2016 and awarded the title “Super Company” by the business magazine VA both 2016 and 2017.
- OPTIWARE has customers in more than 50 countries and more than 100,000 users
- OPTIWARE software is available in 23 languages
- OPTIWARE has a three-digit million turnover in DKK and about 110 employees in 15 offices in 10 countries.
Contact: Michael Ries, CEO, OPTIWARE (+45 40 27 99 41)